This is an exciting opportunity for somebody who is motivated and ambitious with the offer of a competitive salary along with the potential for fantastic career progression. The position offers a role to work with a talented, progressive and innovative team.
- Developer for Private Sector projects using all forms of Contract however in most cases JCT form.
- New build sites with a mix of residential and multi-use developments
- Demolition, extension, alteration and remodelling to existing facilities
- Internal and external refurbishment of occupied facilities
- Sectors include residential, commercial and retail
- Fast-paced dynamic working environment
- Industry leading commissions structure
We are seeking a Graduate Project Manager (consultant/development background) to join our residential and commercial development team, working on exciting residential, commercial and mixed-use, new build and redevelopment schemes across the UK.
The role will be working closely with Senior Project Managers to manage developments ranging between £1m to £250m GDV from start to finish; including all aspects of finance, design, planning and build.
Candidates must have 1-3 years’ trade experience or preference would be a university graduate of an RICS endorsed degree. For candidates who have worked in the industry we’d like to see a proven track record of managing mid to large scale developments working closely with all internal members of our real-estate investments team, interfacing and managing all professional service providers, design consultants and contractors.
As a Graduate Project Manager, responsibilities will include all aspects of pre-construction work, planning related matters, the full build programme and budget management.
Must be familiar understanding of procurement methods and routes including contracts and construction programmes in addition to legal, regulatory and financial aspects of development.
Key Skills/ Attributes:
- Previous experience working within the development industry
- Experience working on commercial/residential renovation and new build projects
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent in a construction related discipline
- Working or willing to work towards degree qualification and onto Chartered status with the RICS.
- Committed to CPD and training to fulfil requirements and development of this role
- Excellent oral and written communication and work in close partnership with clients and external consultants. Must be delivery driven with the ability to set targets and self manage
- Self-motivated, proactive with positive can-do attitude. Highly organised and excellent communicator
- Eagerness to use your own initiative and ensure work is delivered on time within a quality framework
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work as part of a disciplined team or on own initiative
- Understanding of construction procurement
- Understanding of Construction Technology and methods of construction
- Knowledge of CDM and construction Health & Safety
- Work experience in the construction industry
- Knowledge of statutory requirements inc.: Building Regulations, Building Act, Town & Country Planning, Health & Safety, Disability Discrimination Act
- Knowledge and understanding of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Driven with excellent ability to communicate
Job Detail & Remuneration Package
Location: Manchester as base office location however travel to other locations around the UK will be required
Length of Contract: Permanent, 40 hours per week
- Salary negotiable, depending on level of experience and qualifications
- 20 days holiday
- The successful Candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within the business
- Excellent bonus scheme negotiated on a per project basis
- Company phone and laptop
This is a truly exciting opportunity offering a market competitive salary along with unlimited career progression and growth potential for the right individual.
Please apply with a covering letter and CV